Find out about becoming a Member or an Affiliate of the Center for Bioethics, Health & Society at Wake Forest University
The Center for Bioethics, Health & Society speaker’s bureau is a resource for the community. It provides engaging speakers for your group on current bioethical issues and trends. If you would like a speaker for your event, please send the following information to our office.
- Name of requesting organization/group
- Primary Contact person’s name (first, last)
- Primary Contact person’s information (telephone numbers, email address)
- Organization’s address
- Specifics of speaking event (location, date, time, expected attendance, type of audience)
- Topic(s) /Focus
Research Ethics Consultation Program
Consultation: The Research Ethics Consultation Program (RECP), offered through the Center for Bioethics, Health and Society, provides formal and informal consultation on ethical and policy issues in the design and conduct of translational research undertaken by investigators at all stages: laboratory, animal, and human studies.
• Research Ethics Consultation is a new and growing area in academic research. Consultation is intended to be flexible and “user-friendly” for investigators,
assisting them in working with the Institutional Research Board (IRB) and other oversight bodies by helping to identify and address relevant ethical issues in a timely manner.
• Consultation can also offer a comprehensive ethical and policy perspective on a line of translational scientific inquiry, helping to anticipate issues and
questions that could arise later.
• For more information about RECP, please contact Gerardo Maradiaga the RECP program liaison.